Wolverine Terminals’ Prince Rupert Marine Fuels proposed project is committed to transparent, meaningful and timely engagement with First Nations, local government(s), the public, regulatory agencies, local businesses, and interest groups. Wolverine Terminals’ public engagement objectives include:
- providing regular information to the public regarding the proposed Project in a timely and effective manner;
- providing information through a variety of methods in a way that is a consistent, straightforward and easy to understand;
- facilitating meaningful engagement opportunities and dialogue with the public, including opportunities to provide feedback and address potential concerns;
- demonstrating to regulators and to the public how their input, issues and concerns are being addressed and integrated into the Project; and
- supporting respectful public relationships throughout the lifecycle of the Project.
Wolverine Terminals is developing a Public Engagement Plan that meets Prince Rupert Port Authority (PRPA) engagement requirements. Under this Plan, the proposed Project will:
- identify affected members of the public;
- develop and implement engagement tools;
- collaboratively exchange information about the Project during meetings and public information session(s)/open houses;
- gather and consider input; and
- address questions and concerns.