Wolverine Terminals has developed an engagement plan designed specifically to share project information with – and seek input from – affected First Nations. The objectives of the First Nations Engagement Plan are to:
- identify each affected First Nation’s preferred approaches for engaging with Wolverine Terminals regarding the Project;
- provide timely and relevant information about the Project to each affected First Nation, allow for a reasonable review period and actively seek and respond to feedback and input regarding issues and interests;
- involve First Nations in where possible;
- gather sufficient background information on the use of lands and resources for traditional purposes in the project area to adequately assess potential project-related effects;
- collaboratively develop measures to avoid, mitigate or otherwise manage adverse effects of the project; and
- develop long-term mutually beneficial relationships with First Nations.
The First Nations Engagement Plan has been designed to meet the required regulatory and procedural aspects of Indigenous engagement.